Another Three Years & Two Months Later


I guess you can say I'm getting good at this whole three-year check-in.



Today is the official last day of the school year and summer has officially begun! Three years ago my journal entry was right before the worldwide awareness of the Covid-19 pandemic. I knew a little but was not privy to too much. Many lives were lost as a result. The world was in a panic and a change of events turned the world around. I want to dive into a few of those changes...

  • virtual everything became a thing ( online learning, online teaching, workouts, online doctor visits,) #wfm work from home #remoteeverything
  • contactless delivery for all restaurants ( even the sales of delivered alcohol) 
  • online dj battles #akaverses 
  • masks and 6 feet distance was the new norm
  • cheap airline tickets with middle seat marked ( I miss those cheap tickets and empty flights)
  • city curfews 
  • the birth of pandemic babies ( these babies are wired differently due to the #stayathome culture)
  • Stimulus Checks (money to offset the cost of lost wages)
  • PP Loans( biggest come-up scam for scammers nationwide) 
  • restaurants, concerts, playgrounds, pools, skating, and much more were all shut down!
  • Covid-19 & eventually Covid-19 required vaccinations for dining, concerts, travel & more
So, those are just a few. There is so much more but I am having a brain fart at the moment. So I will leave it just there.

Things I did not include in my last three-year post.
  • I purchased my first home 6 months prior to writing that post
  • I enrolled in an endorsement program
  • I received a TOTY nomination
  • I traveled to San Diego for a wedding and had the best time ever
Granted things that year were rough. I spent that year in the pandemic alone a majority of the time. I picked up a new situationship and endured emotional scars and a loss of sense of self. However, I also started therapy to help with the emotional weight. I wish I could sit here and write how much better I am today.  I wish I could share that I  am married with kids and I am a world-renowned travel influencer and philanthropist. Oh and that I kept the weight off my body.

However, what I can say is that I am still trying and still walking in my truth. No, I am not married with babies but, I am happy and single. Never thought I would ever say such a thing! My family and friends are my beautiful tribe. I grow closer to them every day. In addition, I have learned to love and value them deeper than ever before. 

My creative and critical thinking skills are also top-notch. I feel as if I unlatched a hidden gem. Running is still my thing even with the weight gain.  Though it's been two weeks since I've had a good run.  Nike strength training videos have been added to my workouts to make our for those missed runs.  I also ran 10 miles at the D.C Cherry Blossom.  Never in a million years would I have believed I could run 10 miles. Let's add that to the milestone chart. 

Oh, and I switch schools. One of the toughest decisions I made but, this decision was needed for personal and emotional growth. A teacher of gifts is what I could call myself though,  others know me as the school's gifted educator.  A departure from the general education classroom is also something I never would've imagined. 

So, I must say there have been some changes and I am not completely stagnant I look forward to the new changes to come. 

There is so much more to share but perhaps I will start with my attempt of changing my three-year check-in to a three-month check-in. 

Three Month Goals Personal Goals 
  • Completed home office
  • Business LLC
  • Updated non-profit licenses
  • Opened business account
  • Open investment account
  • financial advisor meeting  
*I am really aiming for productivity in my life*

Sincerely,
Birdie 

P.S We will talk dating and relationships in the next post *wink*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Years Later.

Transition From Skinny Girl to Med Size....